Hey, German here. What the f*** are Americans doing at the other side of the Atlantic? Some of you already know this monstrosity. I did’nt. This is a Ford F650 Truck and when I stepped out of my Youtube Bubble I realized, it was marketed as the “biggest, baddest Truck on the road” for the everyday American. Are you guys serious?! Is the end goal really to drive a Monster Truck to McDs to get a McFlurry? Americas bloodiest wars have been fought in the middle east to secure oil, bombing nations to rubble. And all, for this bullshit? The excess, waste and decadence is mind boggling to me and people on Reddit seriously justifying this by “you know dude I’m 6,4ft. I don’t fit in any other vehicle” makes me go up the wall.

• PedestrianError :vbus: :nblvt:@towns.gay
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

@Snapz @SamVergeudetZeit I wish I’d never seen one in the wild, but in fact I’ve gotten coal rolled by more than one. Of course extreme custom trucks are the tip of the iceberg. Most of the damage is done by the ever-growing fleet of off-the-rack monster trucks for ordinary suburban personal use.

Shaming about genitals or any other body part (including the brain/assertions that it’s “mental illness”) isn’t helpful. Buying/driving monster trucks is bad behavior that people should be ashamed of.

• Zevlen@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

People should also be ashamed for downvoting good comments. Lemmy downvoters been driving me nuts lately. Sorry.

• Snapz@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

This isn’t about shaming genitals, it’s about shaming the people who take out their own insecurities on the world at large instead of dealing with them directly.