A while back, I sighed up for surfshark with the intention to refund my subscription soon after. I just needed it to access some information I thought was region lock. After I was finished I sent an email to surfshark asking for a refund.

I then received an email that I thought was a confirmation that I would be refined.

However, recently I got an email that my subscription could not be auto-renewed because my account lacked funds (I’m a broke college student).

Their reason for not canceling my account was that they actually wanted another confirmation that I wanted to get a refund.

Is this my fault for not checking back in? I thought it was clear that I didn’t want to stay with surfshark.

• EyesEyesBaby@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

let me know what you decide

Yeah you didnt respond. They wanted to know is you wanted to keep the ability to use their sercive until day 15, or cancel it right away.

• WeirdAnimeOtter@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

I’ve never had to deal with a company that did things like this. I really don’t think I will see that money against so I guess Its a lesson learned

• RheingoldRiver@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 year ago

They’re asking you, “How would you like to proceed in this case?” Respond as follows:

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

I misunderstood the previous message. I thought it was transparently clear from my initial email that I wanted to cancel my services. You can either refund me for all months billed me or I will contact my credit card company for a fraudulent transaction made. Please let me know how you’d like to proceed.

Best,
        WeirdAnimeOtter