well it’s less about surround and more about sinks in general. I have 3 hardware sinks. My headphones, my monitor and my mic for some reason has a headphone jack. When I pick the virtual surround sink as default it works perfectly. However the device I’m hearing the sounds from is uncontrollable. It likes to choose my microphone, so I get no sound. The way I figured out I can temporarily change this is by setting the default to my headset, and back to surround.

Now I wouldn’t want to do this every time I start listening to anything. How can I make it so that the virtual sink’s output is at a specified device. Or alternatively I looked into, maybe I can just disable these unused sinks, turns out I can only turn off alsa ports, which won’t do as it’d disable my microphone’s source part as well.

Arch, kde, pipewire-pulse and wireplumber is installed but I didn’t find a use for it so far

and I haven’t even touched Eqs and bitrates. I fear I’m gonna post a lot. You guys are the only reliable source fr, I read a bunch of docs on a bunch of sites, asked any way I could two AIs… nothing. is it even possible to do this?