The Missouri Supreme Court on Tuesday struck down a law that threatened homeless people with jail time for sleeping on state land.

Judges ruled unanimously to toss the law for violating a section of the Missouri Constitution that prohibits legislation from containing multiple unrelated subjects.

In this case, the sweeping 64-page bill also dealt with city and county governance and banned COVID-19 vaccine requirements for public workers in Missouri.

Judges ruled that the law is “invalid in its entirety,” Judge Paul Wilson wrote in the court’s decision.

• Uglyhead@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    6 months ago

Many many Mormons have been executed and/or killed by Missourians. Read up on it. It’s wild.

Since a Missouri mob went and executed Joseph Smith and his number 2 guy, every Mormon fled far far away from Missouri or stayed far underground.

• Flying Squid@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

How about you provide me with evidence of this happening? Including the killers being exonerated, of course, since that would implicitly be required. It’s not my job to prove you are telling the truth.

• SGNL@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

Whew, just whitewash over what the Mormons did in Missouri first to cause anger. I’m gonna guess you’re on the Mountain Meadows denial bandwagon too.