• goober@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

Don’t worry, the sleepiness will come back strong as soon as the sun starts to rise

• WetFerret@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

For all the amazing technology and futuristic ideas found in the Star Trek universe, I can’t remember ever seeing a comfortable looking bed in any of the series.

• TalesFromTheKitchen@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

When I was in the Navy, I slept like a rock. The constant sound of the air conditioning and the subtle sound of the engines…Now imagine the constant humming and rumble of a starship in the Trek universe. Pure heaven!

• beccaboben@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

Background-sleep-noise people unite! I have a sound app that has tons of options, like boiling mud is a choice, but no star trek warp core! What a missed opportunity, I wonder if I would prefer it to the"red noise" option I use 🤔

• Linssiili@sopuli.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

If I cannot fall asleep in 30 minutes or so, I “give up” and go lay on sofa and watch something low intesity from youtube (restoration channels are great for this. This removes most pressure to fall asleep, which often is enough to make it possible to fall asleep quicklyish. And if not, at least watching videos is more interesting that lying in dark room.

Note that you should either wear blue-light blocking glasses (not those barely tinted “computer glasses”, but those that are meant for blocking lasers), or use some software solution, in order to not disturb melatonin production. It’s a good idea to start doing this at least an hour before going to bed in order to allow melatonin to build-up.

Source: partner suffers from severe sleeping problems, and they have researched falling asleep extensively.

• MrsDoyle@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

Maybe try getting an adult size bed. Taking your shoes off might also help. Cool pyjamas though.