• AutoTL;DR@lemmings.worldB
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

This is the best summary I could come up with:

Volkswagen Group, which also owns Audi, Porsche, and Scout Motors, is finally doing what nearly every other automaker has already done: announce its intention to adopt Tesla’s electric vehicle charging standard.

VW said it is “exploring adapter solutions” so that its current EV owners can access Tesla’s Supercharger network and expects to have something to roll out by 2025.

That same year, you’ll start to see new VW electric vehicles rolling off the assembly line with Tesla’s charging port natively installed.

Volkswagen Group, one of the world’s largest automakers, with brands like Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Porsche, and Lamborghini under its umbrella, stayed mum throughout.

And while other EV charging stations struggle with software glitches and faulty chargers, Tesla says its Superchargers are nearly perfect in their reliability.

Now, with VW out of the way, Tesla can train all of its attention on the last real holdout: Stellantis, which owns brands like Jeep, Chrysler, Ram, Dodge, Peugeot, Fiat, and many more.

The original article contains 417 words, the summary contains 160 words. Saved 62%. I’m a bot and I’m open source!