I’m just now getting into aspects and I want to make sure I understand. You can only use an apect one time? Is that true for both aspects you extract from a legendary and an aspect you get for completing dungeons? I think you can use the dungeon ones more than once?

I’m confused by this since I put it off for so long. One of the first ones I’m to get according to builds is from beating a dungeon. It allows you to keep your barrier up for longer. It was actually suggested to pick up at level 20ish (am currently 53).

So since this one is from a dungeon, I can use it more than once, righr?

• MrGerrit@feddit.nl
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

The one’s you extract from items can only be used one time, the one’s you get from dungeons you can keep on applying.

• kfoo@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

You’ve got it. The aspects you get from completing dungeons you unlock forever, but the stat rolls are the lowest they can be. The aspects you extract from an item match the stat on that item, but are one time use. So for example, if the aspect can give +10-20% Damage to x skill, the dungeon perma-unlock will always give you the 10%, and the aspect you extract from an item will give you exactly what was on the item. So what you typically do is look for “max rolled” aspects and extract those.

• PlushySD@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I want to add. The aspect you get from items, if they are a range of numbers (such as [200-400] ), can be upgraded before extraction. And you will get better numbers after the upgrade. This will not work with the percentage tho.

As the range of numbers will move up with the item’s level, like [200-400], if you upgraded five times might become [300-500]. So, if you want to use them with another legendary, upgrade the base one first.

But the % ones (like 20%-40%) will not increase with the item upgrade; it will stay like that. You can test with the blacksmith, put the item in look at the number and do not have to click upgrade.

• DarkThoughts@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Yes. You can imprint items as much as you want though. But you can’t extract imprinted aspects again to reuse them on another item.

• kfoo@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

That’s correct. One legendary power per item, so you’ll overwrite the original.

• BigWumbo@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Only 1 aspect can be imprinted on an item at a time. Aspects that you extract from a legendary item (that go to your inventory) are one time use only. You can not extract an aspect after imprinting it onto an item (no double dipping). Codex of power aspects (from dungeons) are unlimited use, but if the aspect has a numerical range to it, it will always have the lowest possible value (role).