I don’t know if this is the right community for this, so I am sorry if it shouldn’t go here. I am currently playing through a link to the past for the first time and have noticed a steep increase in difficulty once I unlocked the dark world. The dark palace was okay but I am honestly kinda stuck at the swamp palace. I would love to play through the game because it was a lot of fun up to this point but I don’t feel like the game is mechanically fun enough to beat my head against the wall repeatedly. I have already noticed I can swap between the worlds with the mirror so I guess I could go to the normal world at any time to stock up on fairies. Are there any other tipps or hidden mechanics to make the game easier? I don’t really want to spend a lot of time aimlessly searching the world for heart containers and following guides to them also seems kinda tedious.

• MobBarley@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Well it’s been a year or two since I’ve played through it, but you’re right the dark world is way harder. Running helps sometimes… hold down one of the buttons. Hold down the sword button to do this charged swing. Also, exploring isn’t just for heart pieces… eg, you get a magic medallion or something after tossing one of those skull-shaped rocks into a circle of stones in the water somewhere. There’s a little house you can buy potions from, but you need a jar. You can catch fairies with a butterfly net and you store them in a jar too iirc.
    If there are too many enemies in the room, try and pick them off one at a time. Have patience though, this is just Link and he’s no Master Chief. If you think the dungeons are tough, wait till you get to the boss fights. There’s usually some trick to it you have to figure out