Use this thread for general daily football discussion.

This thread can also be used to discuss Transfer rumours and to post Tier 4 sources.

• Astrealix@lemmy.worldM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

Btw I will try to get the threads up but I won’t be watching games probably so apologies if they don’t happen, I’ll try my best to get to ratings at night as well but no promises.

• Astrealix@lemmy.worldM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

Just came onto Lemmy thinking to unpin and pin the next day’s only to realise that its not for a couple of hours cuz time zones lol

• coygsu@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

Anyone else worried that Arsenal haven’t spoken out against the Super League?

• MHPengwingz@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

I am. A disappointment really because it’s easy to just put out a statement, this seems like we are probably still in on it. But legally there isn’t a way for us to break with EPL per the Parliament. Remember, the ruling is for the EU only.

• MHPengwingz@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          6 months ago

Look, Barca or La Liga in general really need to sell their overseas tv rights for more now that there’s more streaming services available. ESPN is definitely lowballing them if NBC had to pay billions for EPL while La Liga fees were a couple of millions. I love the ESPN+ app and it’s functionality but their coverage is so barebones it’s ass.

That’s what this is all about. Money. Like just run your own damn league better and get income elsewhere.

• Astrealix@lemmy.worldM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

Just realised there’s a significant chance that Villa goes top and stays there for this matchweek.

• SoupACabra@lemmy.wtf
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

I’d read about Suarez needing painkillers to play the average league match in Brazil. He’s just joined Inter Miami. The money’s great I guess.

• hangonasecond@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

I don’t think it’d be all that uncommon for any player in the second half of their career to need painkillers to get through a game