I found the accounts settings and I see both my accounts and what the current account is but I see no way how to switch the current account. Does anyone know how to do that in the newest update from today?

• robolemmy@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

if I understand the release notes correctly, you press and hold the profile icon at the bottom to switch accounts.

• Schlickers@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Thanks! But that is far from being intuitive. I get it that once you know, you know… but still…!

• Richard@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

I like the new placement myself, but agree it’d be hard to know to long press the button if you didn’t know about it.

I think adding something to the Settings -> Accounts section would make sense as a secondary, more visible, option. Could show the active account and allow you to switch from there. Could also have some text detailing the “hold profile” option to help train users. The section already lists the active account so just need some sort of selection dropdown or “make active” button next to inactive ones.

• Yaeger@feddit.deOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I’ll be damned. You are right. My bad for not reading the release notes through.
      Thought for the devs, though. Seeing as some people might be getting the app later, there should be an onboarding thing for these functionalities I think.

I mean, in a couple of updates, I don’t think people would read through all the old release notes and stuff.

• gkd@lemmy.mlM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Looks like you did figure it out, but I was thinking last night about this after uploading…

“Hmm, might not be the most intuitive way for users to know how to switch…”

I’ll throw something into the account screen that explains how to do this.