A B.C. family has garnered sympathy online — and international media attention — after sharing what they described as an incident in which a man questioned their nine-year-old daughter’s gender during a sporting event.

• die444die@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I’m not sure right wing insanity is really an American thing. This shit is happening all over the world unfortunately.

• QHC@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Once again it’s the conservative/religious zealots that are obsessed with children’s sexuality. I have never once wondered about what is inside anyone else’s pants, let alone wondering that about literal kids. Bonkers.

• FeetiePJs@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

This is bizarre to me. I can understand that a person could see a child that doesn’t look like what they would expect a little girl to look like. But how is the next thought I must have proof of what this child’s genitals look like instead of maybe I should reevaluate my expectations.

• Lells@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I still have trouble really figuring out WHY IT EVEN MATTERS to these people. Beyond being able to have a default pronoun to use, it just really isn’t important to lump people into conveniently labelled boxes. Conveniently labelled boxes are how things like harmful stereotypes and racism happen. Why can’t we all just default to being people, and we just treat everybody with respect.

• QHC@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Because they have been told it matters. That’s it.

Trump recently joked on stage at a rally that nobody cared about trans issues 5 years ago. The audience laughed. I don’t think either side of that incident had enough self-awareness to realize what that statement implies.

• Darthmalak135@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

It’s just like the story of trans mascs going into female bathrooms in Florida or whatever. These mascs have facial hair and look like cis dudes, yet the new law requires them to use the bathroom of their assigned gender, so they comply. When they comply and go into the female bathroom they are attacked as bystanders thought that they were cis men going into the bathroom. This isn’t a bug, its a feature.

• QHC@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

It’s almost like there was no actual problem with bathrooms until bigots made it an issue. Almost like they are… hypocrites?!

• CMLVI@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

And yet Democrats are the ones who groom children. This is the “fuck your feelings” crowd. Their grandkid gets beat in a competition, so they bully and harass a 9 y/o. Despicable people.

• iAmTheTot@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I’ve seen conservatives actually suggest genital checks. Remember that every accusation is an admission for them.