• BartsBigBugBag@lemmy.tfOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

The fact that they already have significantly better outcomes in terms of land stewardship compared to dominant groups.

The fact that only those in a marginalized community will be able to effectively understand and create policy that addresses marginalization in meaningful ways.

The fact that nearly every truly meaningful radical idea has already come out of marginalized groups, and will, by all available evidence, continue to do so.

• CorruptBuddha@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

The fact that they already have significantly better outcomes in terms of land stewardship compared to dominant groups.

Generalizations suck. Over 80% of Canada is undeveloped. And just aside from that, our ecological issues are far greater then land stewardship.

The fact that only those in a marginalized community will be able to effectively understand and create policy that addresses marginalization in meaningful ways.

I don’t see how this is relevant.

The fact that nearly every truly meaningful radical idea has already come out of marginalized groups, and will, by all available evidence, continue to do so.

Oh really? EVERY truly meaningful radical idea has come out of marginalized groups? You’re telling me white people haven’t contributed at all? Seriously… That’s the position you’re taking.

Ultimately my problem with everything you’re saying is it’s rooted in racism. I can’t support that shit.