• ClimateChangeAnxiety [he/him, they/them]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

When I was a kid I would always play evil characters, especially remember in KOTOR playing full dark side and the dark side options in that are fully “steal the baby’s ice cream” “kick the hungry dog” kind of evil options. Now doing those things makes me feel guilty sadness

• Gosplan14_the_Third [none/use name]@hexbear.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

She’s not though lol

KOTOR 2 spoiler

She was both Jedi and Sith in the past, and over time she came to despise the Force and the effect it has on people and pretty much everything else - her goal is to destroy the force and let people have free will (by proxy. She doesn’t care, but that would be the effect, were the death of the force not mean the death of all living beings in the galaxy). Far from a “lol fuck the light side, fuck the dark side, balance is the best” viewpoint.

She’s far from perfect; a peak Machiavellian with contradictory beliefs - and focused entirely on her feud with the force, completely uncaring of the lives of the people of the galaxy. She is, however, a very fascinating character and it’s a shame the money people rushed Obsidian into an early release date.

KotOR 2 is still one of my favorite games of all time.

• Smeagolicious [they/them]@hexbear.net
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          7 months ago

Amazing character with stellar writing (with some of the restored content it’s even better), who is absolutely wrong. I love that she can have complex layered motivations for her actions, can cause players to question why they make certain moral choices, and still be absolutely wrong in the end. It’s great, and I feel it’s missing from a lot of game media.

• Zymi [she/her]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      7 months ago

I remember in KOTOR 2 your character has a dialog option that calls out the banality of the evil choices. I forget the exact words, but basically your character laments the opportunities they are provided beyond basic cruelties.

Found it cuz it was bothering me:

"These small acts of cruelty bore me - to take money from others, to insult them, to threaten their lives. " "I command the Force, and yet these small cruelties are all life presents me with. "