Japan prepares regulation requiring Apple to allow sideloading::As the Digital Markets Act antitrust law passed in the European Union, Apple has until March 2024 to let users…

• doctorcrimson@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

Wouldn’t putting Android on an iPhone be redundant? It would have less features and capability for a higher cost.

• lledrtx@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 months ago

Are you saying Android has less features and capabilities? Or am I reading it wrong?

• doctorcrimson@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        6 months ago

You’re indeed reading that incorrectly. You can see clearly that I’m saying the iPhone with Android OS has less features for a higher cost (Compared To an Android Phone).

The reason that’s implied is because I included cost, because comparing an iPhone with Android to an iPhone with iOS the cost wouldn’t change at all.

iPhone has less lenses, lower megapixels, less zoom, and the charging cables are less effective or in many cases use proprietary charger instead of USB-C, among other things.

• lledrtx@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          6 months ago

Ahh I see, thanks!

The reason I was confused is that I was assuming this is about older iPhones, you know, the ones Apple is deliberately slowing down. So installing a lightweight Android ROM could give them a new lease on life.

• SnipingNinja@slrpnk.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

I would assume it’s to use the chips but that only works if they’re forced to provide proper drivers for the full hardware