• worfamerryman@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Not surprised and it really wants me to see how this compares to MacOS. Am I better off? I assume I am, but who really know?

• Haui
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I think being owned by apple (exp: you dont own apple products. They own you) is always worse.

As an iphone owner, I can tell. Being forced to search for workarounds and outright unable to use certain things. My old ipad is rotting on my shelf because atm I dont have the time to jailbreak it and apple has abandoned it although its still a working product.

TL;DR: Please start using Linux. The more people use it, the faster it will surpass windows.

• worfamerryman@beehaw.org
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I use Linux on my main machine but I’m a free lance worker and the apps I need literally will not work on Linux in any fashion. I’ve tried for years.

So, for work I’m about to switch to Mac as the Lenovo laptop is so garbage, so many random issues like no working webcam, keys randomly don’t work. Batter is good for like 2-3 hours on battery saving mode. And it’s huge. It’s only pretty new it has a tiger lake processor and already has so many issues.

• Haui
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Thank you for elaborating. That sounds like your situation is dire. I‘m sorry and I know there are a lot of things that still need ironing out. But I was referring to the general public as in „if you can, use linux“.

In any case, I get your point. The media landscape still is firmly in the hands of megacorps which are pushing their proprietary stuff down the creators‘ throats. I hope this will change too.

In any case: good luck! :)