• Flying Squid@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

Funny… I’ve been going through a health issue I have been seeing doctors for, but just like you, I basically feel fine. The only time I don’t is within a few minutes of getting up in the morning, I dry heave. But once that’s over, I’m fine. Except when it comes to food. I don’t want to be around food. I don’t want to smell it. I don’t want it in my mouth. I don’t want to chew or swallow it. My doctor described it as being like anorexia except with a physical cause. As a last ditch resort before going to the Mayo Clinic, I got my gallbladder removed after a surgeon saw the results of a scan and gave it a 50/50 chance of working. It may just be working, because I haven’t wanted to eat yet, but I’ve stopped heaving.

So yeah, I’d say 90+% of the time, I feel just fine. No nausea, no pain, no dizziness, nothing. I just can’t stand food. It sucks, because I like to eat and I’ve lost a ton of weight and living on Ensure and Gatorade is a really boring diet, but other than now that I’m recovering from the surgery, I haven’t felt sick at all and I haven’t since this started (a year in total, this bout of not eating since August).