• @100_percent_a_bot@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      -245 months ago

When the allies bombed german and japanese cities in ww2, the death tolls immensely greater than those in Gaza. In Dresden more people were killed in a single night than there have been in the current Gaza war over almost 3 months - and that is if we trust the claims of Hamas regarding the death toll. Dresden wasn’t even the deadliest bombing in Germany and not the deadliest bombing of the war by a long shot. Yet in fact none of the cities bombed it ww2 were even remotely as densely populated as Gaza.

If this is supposed to be a genocide, Israel is doing a terrible job at it.

• @neptune@dmv.social
        link
        fedilink
        English
        125 months ago

Two wrongs make a right? Also technology has changed a lot since the forties. And last I checked, nazi Germany was not some sort of prisoner state to the US. So many reasons your comment makes 0 sense.

link
          fedilink
          English
          -35 months ago

Wait do you really think bombing nazi Germany and imperial Japan was wrong? When making the argument I didn’t really expect anyone to take the pro-nazi side lmao. I respect it, at least you’re logically consistent

link
              fedilink
              English
              15 months ago

I could have come at this from any angle and it would look bad for you.

Two wrongs make a right?

See previous comment

Also technology has changed a lot since the forties.

Exactly. Israels capabilities would be sufficient to wipe Gaza off the face of the earth within a couple days, since they have access to technology that the allies could have only dreamed about. So why don’t they?

And last I checked, nazi Germany was not some sort of prisoner state to the US.

Maybe you should check again, since nazi Germany was literally occupied by the US after we surrendered in 45. In fact it was initially divided into four zones controlled by France, USA, UK and the USSR. It’s almost like losing a war you started will net you a military occupation. Now tell me, in which position could a country be after losing four wars in a row when it is let by a militia that was formed to literally cleanse the earth of jews? Small hint, the moral high ground is not one of them.

So many reasons your comment makes 0 sense.

True

• @neptune@dmv.social
                link
                fedilink
                English
                14 months ago

OK thanks for taking a week to completely miss the point again. Like a laughable waste of time.

You quote me saying the US didn’t have nazi Germany occupied, like it’s not relevant to what happened during the war, but then you say the US occupied Germany after the war. Not relevant. Isreal is occupying Gaza before during and after this “war”.

Maybe in February you’ll have a change of heart.

link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  14 months ago

They quasi occupied them before this war (even that is a bit of a stretch) but not before every war they have waged on Isreal. But yeah maybe I’ll have a change of heart after 4 or 5 more UN resolutions which call for something to be done and 4 or 5 thousand more rockets launched into Isreals general direction. More realistically, things will not get better until Palestinians get rid of the delusion that they can throw Israel out.

• Mammal
        link
        fedilink
        English
        05 months ago

If one is willing to prioritize pedantry over human decency - then yes, one could make a case this isn’t technically genocide.

But even if one is willing to concede that point - what’s absolutely happening is ethnic cleansing. Not sure if that’s an improvement.