I’m going with this Dell and returning my Lenovo Slim 7 Pro. In my previous thread saying I switched to Windows I read that Dells offer great compatibility. I ordered this Dell XPS 13 and plan on going with Pop OS. Thoughts on this? Good choice?

Edit: Apparently it’s certified with Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. I assume I should go with This particular Ubuntu version then?

• Hyperreality@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

@ernest more specifically.

I don’t know if tagging him sends him a notification, but if you’re reading this @ernest, it’s doing the thumbnail thing but we kbin users are seeing a picture of a naked licking a lollypop on a linux post.

It’s funny but I do think it’s a bug rather than a feature.

• WalrusDragonOnABike@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

There are other contributors (szsz has submitted a PR this week, for example), but its all reviewed by ernest AFAIK.

I prefer to think of it as a feature and would prefer if it didn’t get fixed.

• Melkath@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

Federverse is different from kbin’s inception is different from reddit or its inception.

I like Kbin, and it’s all because of Ernest’s efforts.

• Melkath@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

Not sure if anyone else pointed it out to you, but op posted a thing, then edited the post to capitalize on an exploit.

Software is actually pretty intensely hard to create.

Ernest has done his best at creating a federverse instance for all us Kbin users, but also, none of us were here 3 years ago.

I also don’t see Ernest becomming a Spez In 7 years, so I applaud the effort and the platform, and if we get more robust nsfw thumbnail handling, cool, but I also love the ability to edit my posts to fix my typos and whatnot, trolls thumbnails titties and all sometimes.