Knitting friends! Since makers tend to make more than one sort of thing, and we crafters need to stick together, here’s a list of fellow creative communities for your navigation pleasure.

For each craft I’ll include the current most active community first as well as alternatives, and add each with their full URL as well as local links for Lemmy and Kbin users respectively.

I hope it’s useful!

3D PRINTING

BOOKBINDING

COSPLAY

CROCHET

CROSS STITCH & EMBROIDERY

DICEMAKING

KNITTING

LASER CUTTING

LEATHERCRAFT

MODELS & MINIATURES

POTTERY

SEWING & QUILTING

SOAPMAKING

TATTING

WOODWORKING

MISC

Suggestions welcome, and I’ll do my best to keep this updated as I find more relevant groups / smaller groups merge etc.

Craft on, people. Craft on 🙂

• thegiddystitcher@lemm.eeOPM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Thanks for these! I have a couple others to go in the next update too, finally someone made an origami group 😄

• cosmoscoffee@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

I couldn’t find an updated community list on your profile, so I’m writing a reply to this post:

maybe that’s blatant self-advertising, but you might want to have a look at my origami community I created a few weeks ago (since I couldn’t find any other origami community for my instance)… no drama, no politics, just simple paper folding, I promise :)

Here’s the link: !origami@feddit.de

If you could send me the link to the other origami community you mentioned earlier, that would be very great!