I recently moved to an apartment with cable included. I haven’t had any paid TV service like this since 2009, when I cancelled my DirectTV (satellite) subscription.

There are whole channels airing marathons of a program called “Dr Pimple Popper?” And, oh man; the commercials! All channels sync their commercials, so you can’t even just bounce between them to avoid loud ads for things from the USA that you don’t want and can’t get here.

I’ve been sick, so I spent a full day in bed away from my main TV with the Nvidia Shield. I’m still sick, but I don’t care: I’m going to the living room where Kodi and SmartTube keep me ad-free and watching what I choose.

Maybe I can get a credit on my rent if I opt out of the cable…

• adlr@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Wow, sounds like cable has gone downhill, wasn’t even that big of a hill to start with, heh.

• exposeget
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    5 months ago

@happy wheels

I also guess that’s how the cable might go downhill, not being able to switch back and forth between them to avoid noisy ads about things from the US that you don’t want and can’t access here.

• matt@infosec.pub
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

I did not know that was a show and now I can not un-know it lol. Feel like that is going to be a risky search at 1 in the morning.

• lucycoffee@piefed.social
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 month ago

@sex dolls cheap
    I also really hate seeing commercials, especially when I see a great part and there is always a commercial that has to be played before I can continue to see it. I’m really sick of it.