Maybe I like bad games, or maybe Cyberpunk 2077 was never quite as bad as people say - I’m not sure because I unironically love Forspoken and think it’s one of the best games I’ve ever played.

I did hate on the game hard at release, and a lot of it was well deserved, trying to play it on PS4 or Xbox One ( I picked it up on both ) was actually awful and unstable, I couldn’t progress past the club at the beginning of the Street Kid life path so I eventually hung it up for a while.

I bought it at launch, and it was a bad launch, reminded me of the launch of No Man’s Sky, except visually the game was stunning, and there was a lot more substance, but it was actually broken.

I ended up giving it a real try at the end of 2021 when I managed to get my hands on an Xbox Series X and it was a drastically different game. This was before the ‘next gen’ patch, but it had enough fixes and ran butter smooth on the Series X that I ended up getting enthralled.

Y’all this game is good. I had a great build that was frustratingly nerfed hard at the next gen patch ( RIP Overwatch ) but wow the story and world is so interesting, and I feel like this is this AI revolution story just waiting to be told in the background - it’s good shit.

I haven’t played since the next gen patch, so all that will be new to me along with Phantom Liberty so I’m looking forward to a drastically different game than I played a year and a half ago.

I think CDPR finally did it, or will have did it upon release.

I can’t wait.

• EntropyPure@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Really looking forward to it. Bought the base game a while ago but have not played yet, and really glad I didn’t.

SkillUp had a video about his experience with the expansion during a press demo and the improvements to gameplay and enemy AI etc. he described sound so promising. And all that in the base game, expansion not required.

• Fonderthud@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I didn’t take part in the pre release hype and bought it on sale around a year ago. CP2077 is a damn solid game from my perspective. Interesting setting, mechanics, and story.

I’m looking forward to playing Phantom Liberty and want to see a sequel down the line.

• nordring12@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Bought the game on day 1. It may not have been perfect…but the setting of NightCity has always been great. I must have spent I don’t know how many hours walking just to enjoy the city. :)

• yads@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I think given all the user reviews have been positive for so long, it will absolutely be remembered fondly.

• berkat@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I played day 1 on PC and think the game is great. It did have some bugs for me and it also wasn’t as feature rich as the developer seemed to imply in early showings. I’d give the game a solid 8/10 for PC launch.

That said, I haven’t touched the game since and would love for the expansion to bring the game to a 9/10 for me. We’ll see.

• Kill_joy@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I agree. CP2077 was the last game I ever pre ordered. When it launched I played on PC for a few hours but it really was buggy as shit - and I had just built a brand new PC to get the best possible experience.

I came back to it last week after seeing they were making an expansion and it is damn good.

Little shocked their taking pre orders for the new expac though. Would be nice to see they learned a little lesson the first time.

This better be a smooth experience on day 1.

• technologicalcaveman@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

I played it some today, and I have a split opinion on it. I played it on release and hated it, then tried it again a few months ago and liked it. My split opinion is that the story is terrible but the gameplay is great. I cannot care for any of the characters, there’s no becoming your own person in the game, and the dialogue is embarrassing. I do like customizing my skill, weapons, and using them against people though. The combat feels unique and the weapons are cool. I like playing as a spellsword in most rpgs, so I did something similar in cp2077. I put a lot of points into my hacking and seek out the strongest weapons and body mods. That stuff is cool, if I buy the dlc it won’t be for the story and just for whatever new gameplay stuff gets added in.