These are some of the projects that I’m most proud of.

• rug_burn@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Probably not that much different, just getting 1/4 blanks, ripping on the tablesaw then use the router table to get them flush. Used to use a hand plane for that but any excuse to buy a power tool! I like to use the fancy 3 string bridges, not too bad if you buy multiples on A. But my 1st used threaded rod and nuts for the nut and a floating bridge. I was way too confident going into that one though… didn’t measure things correctly so it has a weird scale length, my scarf jointed angled headstock didn’t quite work out the way I wanted it to, and I made the neck out of a single piece of poplar, obviously with no fretboard, lamination or truss rod it’s a banana now, but I still have it, if nothing else to remember where I started and it’s a measuring stick on how far I’ve come.

• tox_solid@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Well you’re a true craftsman. My first one was really similar to that, also a banana lol but looks decent enough on a mantle even tho it’s not playable. I tried my hand at an angled headstock once, and it didn’t pan out. I use one solid piece for the neck and I join another shorter length of wood with with 45 cut on the bottom for a heel. Some screws, a little wood glue and a whole lot of sanding to round the edges, and it doesn’t look half bad, for an amateur like myself.