I’ve been doing UX and UI for many years. I just returned to it two years ago, having been an art director for about 10 years in between.

Its been really exciting for these two years and I’m even coming up to some new interesting projects, but a lot of times I’m really not feeling it. I think it’s probably also because I’m alone in a small team. The team is great, ultra supportive, great bunch of people. Still, often I feel like my talents should be in programming somewhere. But definitely not web development. I’ve done that in the beginning of my career and I never want to do it again. I think that currently UX is best positioned to be one of tyne most important professions in the digital space. Our tools will evolve closer and closer to the actual apps and we will need less and less engineers between prototypes and final apps. Why would I want to be a programmer? I just have this jearning of writing stuff down in a code and that it works exactly like I want to. Design is flimsy by nature. It’s not mathematics.

Its a weird feeling I often get. I like ux. I’ll for sure stay longer and see where it goes.