(My previous post about this, which I was very happy with, got somehow lost in the digital veins of the federated matrix, so here’s take two)

Hey there chooms. I had a cool idea that I wanted to lay out for y’all in case it strikes someone’d fancy: a Lemmy community (subreddit) dedicated to anything and everything cyberpunk.

I don’t have the time, energy, personality type, or special kind of insanity needed to run any kind of social group, but I do think it would be nova to have a place for like minded 'punks to gather from all around the federated Net, dedicated to the cyberpunk genre and its ideals as a whole.

The ideals being both punk — anti authoritarianism, anti capitalism, radical self expression and freedom, anti traditionalism, and the DIY ethic — and cyber — all the stuff I said before, but high-tech.

A community like this could be a great draw, and is uniquely suited to the underground, corporate resistance nature of the Fediverse. Could be a real draw, especially when the cyberpunk subreddit is little more than an Instagram for pictures of cities at night.

Anyway, that’s it, that’s the idea.