Browsing all seems to generally be the best option for me with how I like to use the platform. But this does come along with a need to block lots of communities with content I known I’m never going to want.

So I’d like the ability to long press a post in c/all and click an option to block the community that the post is from.

Right now my flow is:

Post menu -> community -> community menu -> block community -> go back to c/all

This feature would remove 3 out of 5 of those actions.

Bonus if posts from that community are removed from the the feed immediately, maybe just new ones below the current location on the feed.

• gromdroid@lemmy.worldM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

While using the app myself I ran into a similar “issue” where subscribing to a new community would take quite a few steps. I’ve been playing around with the idea to nest the community menu inside the post menu, which would reduce the amount of steps. I’ve been trying out the following setup:

post menu nested community menu

In parallel I’m working on a bigger update that includes notifications and widgets, so it might take a bit longer to release this update. But hopefully this makes your requested flow to block communities a bit easier (:

• NightAuthor@lemmy.worldOP
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          6 months ago

Oh, does it?

I can’t even keep track, I have like every iOS lemmy app and use the better ones kinda randomly. Lately it’s been lemma, but Voyager is up there, except for its lack of redgif embed support.

• TrickDacy@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

Not how they’re asking for it. In another comment they describe doing it in their app just like it works in Boost. They want to remove some steps from how it works.

• tenacious_mucus@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

Im using Memmy on iOS and can do exactly this. From c/all, tap the three dots on the top right of the post -> blocking and reporting -> block community. Still gotta refresh c/all to have the block take affect, but it’s all done without even having to open the post.