Hi everyone. If I purchase a real debrid package, my understanding is that everyone in my house using the same internet can use it all simultaneously without any problems.

I saw some people asking about it in my research and it has me a little confused now about being banned.

If my family members are all logged in to their stremio account, can we all watch shows using real debrid at the same time without any trouble?

Edit: I also saw people recommend using a VPN if using real debrid… is it necessary? Tried a VPN a long time ago and it slowed down my internet HORRIBLY so don’t really want to use one anymore.

• John1717@lemmy.dbzer0.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

You’re fine streaming at the same time as long as you’re all under the same public IP address. As long they detect only one public IP address at time it’ll be fine. If an account is being accessed from more than one IP simultaneously than you’re going to have problems. Also you don’t need to use VPN with Real-Debrid. But if you ever decide to do so again make sure nobody else is accessing your account.

• hreflet@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Forgive me for my lack of knowledge but would all my devices in my home be under the same public IP address, whether wifi or directly connected to an ethernet cable? Or is it something more complicated than what I mentioned?

I have 4 firesticks in my home all connected to the same source (my provider’s modem) that’s connected via the ethernet adapter Amazon sells. Don’t plan on sharing my real debrid account to anyone outside of my home.

• Mugmoor@lemmy.dbzer0.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        11 months ago

Yes, you get one public IP for everything going through your modem. Make sure nobody uses mobile data, thats a separate IP.

• hreflet@lemmy.worldOP
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          11 months ago

Awesome. Thanks to you both for your replies. Will keep the mobile data thing in mind, wasn’t aware of that in general.

• Ryan
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Normally yes. Normal means you’re using an IPv4 connection. Should you have an IPv6 connection, each device get’s its own ip. But i guess you would know if you set that up. Your router could tell you more…

• Samstone@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

It you have a server, you could ditch streamio and run Plex with debrid. That way you could all stream remotely as well.

• Botree@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Which VPN were you using if you don’t mind me asking? A free one or one that throttles or blocks torrenting may explain the horrible speed.

• hreflet@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

It was such a long time ago, I don’t remember. All I remember is that everything that required an internet connection was multiple times slower than normal. I don’t reside in a popular location so to my knowledge, I don’t think there’s nearby servers and such that would make my VPN connection ok. Although i could be wrong with my limited knowledge.

I had a family member and also a friend with a paid VPN that experienced the same issues so I don’t want to waste my money on it if I don’t have to, to be honest.

• treant42@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I shared with my brother for a while even in different cities. Once we downloaded at the same time we received a warning but no ban. Since then we don’t share anymore but probably could have for a lot longer time without consequences.