Smartphone manufacturers still want to make foldables a thing::Foldables are barely 1% of the market, but that’s not stopping anyone but Apple.

• iknowitwheniseeit@lemmynsfw.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

Batteries for phones sold in the EU will all be replaceable within 3.5 years:

The new rules foresee that batteries will need to be easier to remove and replace, while consumers are better informed. Portable batteries in appliances should be designed so that users can easily remove and replace them. This requirement will become mandatory three-and-a-half years after the rules enter into force.

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/headlines/economy/20220228STO24218/new-eu-rules-for-more-sustainable-and-ethical-batteries

The EU actually forced companies to help consumers, so they are already planning to comply… even Apple.

• Zeshade@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

Would be good if they also force companies to support security updates for more that 5 years…

I don’t need to change phone. I like my S10+. It does what I need. But I feel I’ll have to change it soonish if I want to continue using for online banking etc.