Smartphone manufacturers still want to make foldables a thing::Foldables are barely 1% of the market, but that’s not stopping anyone but Apple.

• KeefChief13@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

I’ve been using the z flip 4 for over a year now. I think that is what it’s called… I won’t go back. The foldable phone is awesome.

• chiliedogg@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

I’ve got my Fold 3 and it’s amazing. Are there compromises? Absolutely. Are they worth it, also yes.

I’ve always been the type to upgrade my phone every year, but I’m thoroughly satisfied with this device after 2 years, and don’t see myself replacing it anytime soon.

The biggest thing foldables need now isn’t new features and spec bumps. What they need is a significant price cut.

Full-size foldable phones still costing $1800 5 years in is why they’re such a tiny market share.

• piecat@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 months ago

What’s holding me back is that I’m worried the fold line would be too distracting, or would get worse over time.

I also love my s23 pen

• KeefChief13@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

That’s what I thought originally, but the fold is not noticeable at all when you look square at it, as far as how it feels to move your finger over it, it feels like a small tactile bump. Feels nice actually. I use a membrane screen protector and foldable case with no issues, over the last year there has been no degradation of the “crease” or the folding mechanism.