• Astroturfed@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

It’s almost funny how bad Netflix content has gotten. It used to be at least mixed. Some decent content coming through. Now their top shows run like a 50 rating on rotten tomatoes or other review sites. It’s embarrassing.

• MrJukes@lemmy.secondpartysoftware.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I wasn’t paying attention to half the side stories in season 2 of the Witcher and now have no idea what is going on or who half the people are. I just want to see Henry Cavill hit things with swords. Glad this is the last season of the show.

• Sir_Kevin@discuss.online
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

It’s so disappointing, the sword play in the first episode or two of season 1 was amazing! I was so pumped for more of that shit. And then we got… what we got.

I haven’t started the new season yet. Hopefully we see some badassery.

• Wistful
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Is it the last season? I thought it wasn’t cancelled.

• Boiglenoight@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I feel similar. There’s all kinds of concerns and what not, but I’m in it for the near decapitations and the occasional force push/dragon ball.

• Welder@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I’ve read all the Witcher books, tried watching that dogshit show Hissrich made and couldn’t stomach it.

I read The Foundation series by Asimov and then watched Apple TV’s interpretation and really enjoyed the creative direction they took with it.

Netflix is a joke. An overpriced joke.

• InverseParallax@lemmy.world
      cake
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

I read the foundation series and honestly outside of Lee pace, dusk and obviously Jared Harris himself it’s pretty bad.

They still have the grace period you give for a large and complex story, and I think I have an idea where they’re going, but holy crap they are taking every bad detour they can find, it’s like “defy all expectations, because”, they could have done much better if they stuck closer to the books or at least didn’t spend so much of the series on literally the most boring planet in the galaxy, Synnax. Gaal Dornick, I hate you so much for dragging me away from helicon to a literally empty planet because you were throwing a tantrum, and ease the hell off on the overacting.

• nikt@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

The show was not great, but the epic premise is awesome. So I thought I’d just go read the books, assuming the source material was the good stuff.

But wow, turns out Asimov can’t write a decent paragraph. The story and ideas are buried under page after page of cringeworthy dialogue and pointless descriptions of gee whiz gadgets.