So i have (i think) no mucical talent becasue in school i was always bad at music classes and was behind compared to others also i coudent stand all the noises going on. im not sure why but i wanted a keyboard pinao becasue i like the way they sound, once i got one i tried to have some folks teach me but i imeditly got overwhelmed by eveything that goes into playing an instument.

so by chance is there an affordbale instrument for beginner that can be worked on also what can one do once they learn an instument? is it just a skill to show off to others? i pretty much stink at everything but im trying to improve at life or my life more like it. i was thinking of writting songs or doing covers but im not entirly sure how that works.

my hobbys/interests often change often but thats normal (hopefully) and hopefully no one is getting annoyed by me.

• Ziggurat@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    Français
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

What’s your goal ?

I would say bass guitar for a few reasons

• Just like regular guitar, there is a wide range of pricing you’ll find playable instrument for 150 EUR, and high end instrument for 3000 EUR, don’t get me wrong the cheap guitar won’t sound as good as the fancy one, but it’ll be sufficient to start, moreover, the price of a professional grade guitar is the price of playable violin

• It’s a rhythmic instrument which is fundamental in many genre, from electronic to jazz. with stuff to play from the beginner to expert level.

• Even a simple bass-line is a great improvement for many band. There isn’t a market for a mediocre guitarist, even in amateur bands, but a mediocre bassist who can plays root, fifth on time would find a band. And if you can play a couple of walking bass over a chord progression you can do many stuffs.

The consequence is that in many genre you don’t really hear the bass, the way the music is written hides the bass under the keboard/guitar/voice but without it the whole band would collapse