The unconfirmed allegation is raising concerns that the coffee chain is the latest corporation to cave to far-right attacks on LGBTQ people.

• ripcord@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

The only reason you’re Christian (or say that you are) is because your parents are/were. Not because it’s the Truth.

If there was a real Truth like you think there is, we wouldn’t have over a billion Hindus who are also Hindus for no other reason other than THEIR parents were, nearly 2 billion muslims who are muslims for no other reason than THEY are. Etc.

Why should I believe YOUR weird stories are any more real than any of their weird stories? Or believe any of the ancient Greeks who believed to the point of their lives that their weird stories were also true, etc? They all are just as convinced they’re right as you, why shouldn’t I believe them or anyone else instead?

Even within all the modern Christian sects - let alone all the historical ones - you can’t get your stories straight. Why should I believe any one of them over another?