The unconfirmed allegation is raising concerns that the coffee chain is the latest corporation to cave to far-right attacks on LGBTQ people.

• 10A@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Traditional values like what? Be specific. I bet many of us would disagree that those values are worth preserving.

If this thread about Starbucks is any measure, no almost nobody here would agree with me. Since Adam and Eve, marriage has been a holy union between one man and one woman (up until a few years ago). And by “man” and “woman” I mean strictly according to their chromosomes. Who in m/politics is going to upvote that? Anyone other than me?

(Edit: after submitting this comment, I realized I misread “disagree” thinking you said “agree” for some reason. I’m sure you’re right that many here would disagree! IMHO, we should always seek to follow the ways of our forefathers who gave us this civilization.)

There’s no way I could enumerate all traditional values. It’d be a 700-page book. So I’ll leave the list at that one. It’s one of the most important traditional values anyway.

Can you cite any examples of physical violence committed by “the left” and what specific political objective those incidents achieved?

Look, this is just so off-topic, and only shows that you don’t bother to expose yourself to any non-leftist news. The past decade has been filled with a ton of answers to this question, and you can find more on a weekly or daily basis. There’s no way I could list them all. There’s so many that it’s even difficult to choose one. All I can say is you ought to broaden your news sources.

It’s ironic that you act like the other side is unreasonable when you start with the assumption that “the left” is inherently unreasonable and impossible to have a dialogue with. You aren’t leaving any room for conversation. I am willing to listen to your arguments, but we also need to be able to “agree to disagree” without dehumanizing each other.

I agree, and I’m sorry. I’m just a fan of sticking to the topic, which in this case is Starbucks and pride decorations. Obviously that’s a can of worms, so here we are. It’s my fault for leading the conversation to the big picture without wanting to discuss the big picture. That was a mistake. Sorry. I don’t mean to be shutting down conversation, and I do recognize that you have a valid point here. Maybe we’ll find a different thread in the future that strikes me as more conducive to unpacking these topics.