I’ve got a Raspberry Pi 5 which I’ve got set up and am slowly installing things on via Docker Compose, but I’ve realised that I’m unable to copy or even highlight text. It’s like there’s a phantom click or something. The mouse works on my other laptop, but that’s got its own problems. Anyone know how to fix it?

• mumblerfish@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

Not sure. I know very little about wayland. It can be that the WM you are running supports both X and Wayland. If that is the case, it may already exist a session option in the login prompt for that. If there are no such option you would have to research how to make one if it is possible for that wm. Otherwise you can also just try startx, I don’t remember the syntax, but you should be able just start X with a terminal with that command (ctrl+alt+backspace used to be the keys to shut it down). So if all you need is a terminal to perform your test (or can be started from a terminal), that should work too.

All of this is just to figure out if it is a wayland issue or not. After that I’m not sure what to do anyway. Perhaps there is some other path that will solve your issue more directly, but nothing comes to mind.