So far my go-to places are Hangry Burger in Springfield and the Big Buns Damn Good Burger spots. I’m kind of a fan of those brioche buns with the seared logo and all the fancy toppings that make you end up spending $20 on a burger. Any other recs?

• Lordran_Hollow@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

They’re really really good, they make the buns fresh in-house, and the taste of the burgers is so good.

I haven’t been there in a while, mostly because I’m (ineffectively) trying to watch my weight, but whenever I want a nice burger, I go straight to them.

Only downside of Melt is because they’re so popular, there’s always a bit of a wait. But I do like how they also partner with animal shelters and put up posters of different animals up for adoption.

• Bakachu@lemmy.worldOP
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

Whoa thats dedication making buns in-house. Will have to try this place for certain now. And yeah I’m with ya on that diet plan.

Pro-tip - if you donate a pint of blood it’s equal to 600 calories to replace. And there’s a blood shortage for O and A type rn in this area. 😉 That’s at least half a burger for “free”.

• Lordran_Hollow@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            11 months ago

Interesting to know the caloric hit for donating! I have a rare blood type (O-) so I tend to donate double reds rather than whole blood. I wonder if that affects it differently.

But yeah, I try to donate whenever I can since O- seems to always be low for this area.

And yeah, it’s really good, I love that place! Just a heads up though, if you order fries, they take the Five Guys approach and give you a large platter full of fries, so I’d definitely recommend splitting it with someone if you’re able!

• Bakachu@lemmy.worldOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Thank you everyone for the suggestions! I tried Melt and it did not disappoint all. Super thick burgers cooked to doneness and generous portions of everything. One unexpected bonus was the family feel to it all. Staff seemed to be having a good time behind the counter - not the typical tortured existence I’m used to seeing at burger joints lol.

Will be moving on to NN Burger next.