• CosmicSploogeDrizzle@lemmy.worldOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I’m thinking it could have a variety of games within it based on the various games the girls love to play. There could be a doctor game, cooking game, keepy uppy, shadowlands, etc. There’s a lot of inspiration to draw upon. But based on the description it looks to be more story focused. I’m wondering how the art will look, if they keep it flat or go 3D.

• ADHDefy@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Don’t mind me, I’m just a 31 year old man with no kids who’s unironically excited for this game now.

• Vengefu1 Tuna@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

The article says it’s being developed by Artax Games. They’ve made Ghosts & Ships, Ruff-Ruff Tweet and Dave, Watt Challenge, The Crow On The Stone, Super SplatDogs, and Iro Hero. I’ve never heard of them or any of these games, hopefully they’re able to make something the kids will love and stay true to the show.

• CosmicSploogeDrizzle@lemmy.worldOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

Given that another previously unremarkable developer, Avalanche, went from making Disney games to an open world Hogwarts RPG, I will set my expectations at a reasonable level…

Open-world Bluey Cinematic Universe life-sim social RPG where we make our own dog persona, find a life partner, and raise children, all while becoming better people IRL along the way. Definitely no way for me to be disappointed now.

• Cethin@lemmy.zip
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        11 months ago

But they’re open world Hogwarts game was super generic, boring, and not really an RPG. The small section near the begining where you’re still exploring Hogwarts was fairly fun, but once you go into the open world part it sucks. You do the same three or four activities over and over, just in different locations. They decided to turn the spell that unlocks stuff into a lockpicking minigame because they think every open world game has to have that for some reason (luckily on PC you can mostly remove it with mods). They don’t care about the student aspect at all after an hour or so. The groundskeeper literally teaches you how to unlock doors and encourages you to break into areas you aren’t allowed and sneak around at night after curfew. They don’t actually care about the curfew except one or maybe two missions though. In fact, your encouraged to go around Hogwarts after hours.

Hogwarts Legacy is a very pretty but extremely boring game. They tried to copy whatever junk most AAA open world games do despite supposedly being a world of magic. Not even considering the JK Rowling stuff, it’s not a good game.

• Flaky@iusearchlinux.fyi
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

The publisher is Outright Games, who also published My Friend Peppa Pig and the Paw Patrol games (still weird seeing those on Steam ngl). It’s probably going to be something along the lines of those. With the right writers, and Bluey is well-known for how well written it is, this could be good for families.

• Null Skull@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

This could be the perfect opportunity to tactically introduce my nephew to video games!