• kellyaster@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

Yeah, these aren’t even jokes, more like some weirdass gross power fantasy.

“God forbid I ever go to jail. But if I do, I hope it’s in California. Soon as the judge sentences me, I’ll be like, ‘Before you sentence me, I want the court to know I identify as a woman. Send me to a woman’s jail.’ As soon I get in there, you know what I’mma be doing. ‘Give me your fruit cocktail, bitch, before I knock your motherfucking teeth out. I’m a girl, just like you, bitch. Come here and suck this girl dick I got. Don’t make me explain myself. I’m a girl.'”

I am trans, and it’s hard to not take the insults personally, especially since this “edgy comedy” is coming from a comedian I used to admire and respect. What the fuck, Dave?

• TheFriar@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      6 months ago

I can’t believe that’s a real joke he told—that’s not even a joke. I honestly haven’t watched any of his polemic ones because I just didn’t care to watch his standup anymore. When he lost his bright, loose energy he used to have during performances, I just wasn’t interested anymore. And now this is how far one of the previous greats has fallen?

• markr@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        6 months ago

It’s a classic. Rape! Ha ha ha. Amirite? It takes true genius to think that up. /s.

I had no clue his act was that pathetic.

• oakey66@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 months ago

You have to be just the ultimate asshole to think this is funny. When he did the equivalent of “my best friend is trans” qualifier on stage, the rabbit hole he went down became pretty obvious. He’s so talented that he doesn’t have a single person who can give him feedback. I guarantee you he’s surrounded by yes men and other comedians who are too chicken shit to say anything. Money and power corrupt always.

• tegs_terry@feddit.uk
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 months ago

It’s like a ricky gervais joke without the irony. What we have here is a guy with a grudge. He got cut; now he’s lashing out. I’m pretty sure jo rowling did the same thing.

• RGB3x3@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 months ago

That’s just the recycled joke every conservative talking head has told. It’s not even creative.

Same joke about bathrooms or sports. “I’ll just tell them I’m a woman, hurr durr.”

Get new material if you’re going to try to be edgy, Dave.

• Squizzy@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 months ago

That’s the type of joke someone’s uncle would make in the bar after a few too many, or the one you think of and know better than to vocalize it… because it isn’t really funny.

• Elderos@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

Louis CK can jokes about pedos and yet it is hilarious and generally well-received. This joke gives strong “I identify as an attack helicopter” energy. It is not funny, and he’s basically just repeating the shitty talking points of right-wing pundits, and without sarcasm. It is humour-by-applause, it is not meant to be a satirical joke, but to have people who agree applause and cheers.