Hope this isn’t a repeated submission. Funny how they’re trying to deflect blame after they tried to change the EULA post breach.

• Llewellyn@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    6 months ago

Anyone can obtain your DNA by picking a single hair of yours or a dirty napkin. Your DNA is an open secret.

• frezik@midwest.social
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      6 months ago

And there would likely be legal ramifications if they actually used that information in a way that harmed me. That’s not so clear when given up willingly.

• Snapz@lemmy.world
      cake
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 months ago

And anyone can hate a group of people, the difference between that hate staying small, isolated and relatively contained is organization and systemization - so for example, IBM catalogues and analyzes data for the nazis and you then get an amplification of strength of that hatred that effectively results in the holocaust (instead of something that would have maybe been more like Putin’s limp, flailing invasion of Ukraine).

Yes I can pull a single hair from your head, but if I create a machine where you and 50 million of your friends send me that hair, pay me for the privilege and I then sell the data or it gets breached, that’s where we start to get into the danger zone.

Those of you here being contrarians for the sake of it are on the wrong side of history. Learn a book, shitheads.