Hope this isn’t a repeated submission. Funny how they’re trying to deflect blame after they tried to change the EULA post breach.

• jimbo@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    6 months ago

You are obviously oblivious to how mass-surveillance works, and how much it can destroy our freedoms.

I’m pretty sure they’re currently doing the mass surveillance thing just fine without DNA data. I’m not sure how DNA would even factor into mass surveillance. I’m open to considering realistic scenarios.

Services like 23AndMe keep a database over all the DNA they have received.

Yes, it’s how they provide the service.

This database is often shared with governments, and can be used to create relationship maps - who is what to whom.

What’s your evidence for this claim?

This information can be and is being weaponized against us on a daily basis.

How? By who? What’s your evidence?

I’m betting you have no evidence and will simply appeal to some instance where some company sold some data to the government in a situation that isn’t at all analogous.

• ScaNtuRd@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 months ago

The evidence is literally publicly available. It takes mere seconds to find court records and articles online. But it is just easier for you to sit there and scream “what is your evidence?” as some headless chicken, right?

• jimbo@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

I’m not going to try and guess what you think the evidence is. If it’s as readily available as you claim, it should be trivial for you go find it and show me. The fact that you haven’t yet is telling about how honest you’re actually being.