“THE TRUTH, WHICH IS THAT HE IS AN ENTITLED LOSER WHO DID NOTHING BUT WASTE HIS FATHER’S FORTUNE.”

1:38 Mary Trump his niece

• NovaPrime@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

I’m no fan of Cheeto, but who gives a shit what his niece thinks? Especially when it’s the same take for a 100th time.

• eran_morad@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      6 months ago

It’s noteworthy that his own family wishes to record publicly contempt for him, for reasons that should be clear to all, but aren’t.

• Asafum@feddit.nl
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        6 months ago

While I agree people shouldn’t be quiet about anything wrong, I don’t think anyone in the entire world could break the Trump cult. They won’t believe a single thing anyone says if it’s a bad thing about Trump. They just become “secret liberals.”

Hell, Jesus himself could come down from the sky saying “listen, love thy neighbors, don’t worship false idols, and that Trump guy… Woo boy is he the devil incarnate.” MAGAmorons would just reject Christianity or call Jesus a liberal and send death threats to God…

• Case@lemmynsfw.com
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          6 months ago

I mean, Jesus was a liberal.

Gandhi was problematic in his own right, but he wasn’t wrong when he said, paraphrasing, I like your christ, he is so unlike your Christians.

• Fedizen@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        6 months ago

Since you’re making this claim, what do you think of the whole “barack obama’s half brother” dog and pony show the murdock outlets did with him?

The news loves to play up the family drama angle for clicks so I would normally take the opposite view - that family is a lower credibility source in most cases since they also may not see their business dealings (such as trump refusing to pay contractors)

• NovaPrime@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        6 months ago

But this is the 100th time they’ve put out a variant of this same article with Mary saying the same thing just in a different way. Also, for those who are too busy slobbing his knob, Mary’s comments will be dismissed anyway. So all it does, imo, is offer yet another empty circle jerk opportunity for those who already agree with her sentiment without providing any new information or moving the needle in any way. It’s lazy and vapid journalism at best and a distraction from his real and serious illegal activites that the Democrats should be hammering him on faily instead.

• Zeshade@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 months ago

And the last time I saw her being interviewed she didn’t seem too bright either.

• crazyCat@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        6 months ago

Yeah, they put her on CNN every time they got a block of time they need to fill. I like her and glad she speaks the truth, but she doesn’t have many new things to add.

• TheSanSabaSongbird@lemdro.id
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

Not I. I downvoted because it’s a stupid pointless comment that contributes nothing to the discussion. Can’t speak for others however.

• NovaPrime@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        6 months ago

I’m not concerned about the downvotes. I do wish there’d be more engagement from people who disagree with my comment, however, as Lemmy is small enough to facilitate actual discussion compared to reddit or other similar forums. But it is what it is.

• NovaPrime@lemmy.ml
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            edit-2
            6 months ago

you are literally blaming everyone but Trump for Trump’s shit

I don’t think that’s a fair assessment of my previous statement there. There is a distinction between blaming everyone but Trump for his bullshit, as you read it but I never suggested, and arguing that this specific article does not in any way deserve our attention, which was my point. Not only because it’s an old and played out take, but because pieces like this are equivalent of political frosting. The people who know he’s a crook are going to continue to do so, and the people who don’t think so are not reading this shit anyway.

Shut up, Mary, I want to hear OTHER PEOPLE talk about Donald Trump’s bad shit while I completely ignore them and focus on you.

There’s a difference between shit that he’s done that’s either illegal or in some other way actionable, and him just being a dick and a loser, which…like, ok yeah? He’s still fucking up the election process and trampling all over the basic ideas of democratic governance regardless of how you feel about him on a personal level, and that’s all this article is about: “he’s a loser on a personal level, take it from someone who’s personally related to him.”

• Flying Squid@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              6 months ago

There is a distinction between blaming everyone but Trump for his bullshit, as you read it but I never suggested, and arguing that this specific article does not in any way deserve our attention, which was my point.

You’ve spent quite a bit of time talking about how something isn’t worth our attention…

• NovaPrime@lemmy.ml
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                ·
                6 months ago

It’s almost as if this is a discussion forum and I’ve been having a discussion with various commenters on the topic.

• NovaPrime@lemmy.ml
                    link
                    fedilink
                    arrow-up
                    ·
                    6 months ago

Absolutely. But it still doesn’t invalidate my original point: this article was a vapid, superficial, and low effort attempt at journalism.