I’m a novice Linux user. Comfortable with command line but far from a whiz. Have to duckduckgo a lot of stuff to figure out what I’m doing.

I just bought a WD EX2 Ultra. The Plex app is built in, but it looks like the other stuff I want to do will require Docker containers. Maybe I just need to devote more time to learning containers but, at first look, it all seems quite daunting.

Here’s what I want to set up. Jellyfin for music, tv & movies. Audiobookshelf for podcasts. The Servarr suite for library collection and management. VPN for security and privacy.

Am I swinging too big for my skill level, or does this seem doable? Any suggestions on how to proceed? Any and all feedback is welcome!

• LoboAureo@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

I recommend you to check casaos. It’s a frontend for docker containers with his own “app store” with all you want and more easily configurable.

Maybe is not for you, as is so easy that maybe you don’t learn anything, but maybe it’s a way to start and investigate without frustrating blocks.

I feel myself at the same level than you, and currently investigating how to setup a DNS + VPN server, only for fun/learn