Mine is Pokemon HGSS (the amount of content is mindboggling), Pokemon Platinum (grandest Pokemon experience) and Pokemon Black 2/White 2 (most fun and unique playthrough). I’m also looking forward to buying Legends: Arceus on the Switch, have heard many great things about it!

• bricks@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Generations 1-5. I have wonderful memories with each. Starting with Gen 6, I found the art style unbearable, and even if the stories / gameplay were perfect (they weren’t), I found them too divergent from “core” to overcome.

Areceus was nice because I didn’t go into it as a mainline entry; it was like playing Stadium for the first time.

I’d really like Nintendo to release Emerald, HGSS, Platinum, and BW/BW2 on Switch, as I’d happily pay. My gut tells me they don’t so as to avoid cannibalizing the new titles, but I feel like most buyers are only really engaged in one or the other.

• mathlad@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Haha yeah, Pokemon story really leaves much to be desired since the 3D era. I’m really excited for Arceus though! Definitely the best game on Switch right now, or arguably until those re-releases inhaling copium probably on the Switch 2 maybe? :')