Earlier today, I identified the root cause of an issue causing annoying 502 errors intermittently. If you’ve ever had an action infinitely load until you refreshed the page, that is this issue. I deployed a fix, and am slowly scaling it down to stress test it. If you encounter an infinite loading occurrence or an HTTP 502 error please let me know!

UPDATE: Stress testing complete. Theoretically we should be equipped to handle another 5k users without any intervention from me

• Im28xwa@lemdro.id
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Well some images on my feed are still not loading when I tap on the thumbnail that didn’t load either

• cole@lemdro.idOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Yeah there are some images missing from an 8 hour timespan while I was migrating us to S3 backed image storage. Not really worth time trying to recover a few thumbnails though when I have other infrastructure things I could be focusing on

• ladfrombrad 🇬🇧@lemdro.id
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Is it this post you’re referring too?

There was a recent migration of the /pictrs folder here and some thumbnails didn’t get stored whilst submissions were still occuring, and I’m not sure editing a database is wise to fix it. Disclaimer, am numpty.