Back in the Android Wear says, this used to be a feature on my Moto 360, but then in WearOS’ next generation/rebranding the feature was lost. Under the idea of separating the watch and phone they somehow just couldn’t even include the setting to opt into this.

Just like setting off a timer or alarm on the phone would go off on the watch… Alarms are back (bidirectional too!) but not the timers sadly.

I guess we finally have the technology to sync the two devices again without an external app being installed on both.

• Russ@bitforged.spaceOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

Same here! Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad the alarm sync works for those who use it, but I personally use Sleep as Android for my alarms and so timer sync would be much more useful for me.

• Russ@bitforged.spaceOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

I only have my Pixel so I’m not 100 sure, but I doubt it would be required. I don’t think any of the WearOS features ever required a specific phone in order to use it, at least from what I remember.

• cbarrick@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

I still don’t have this or alarm sync on my Zenfone 10 running Android 14.

Seems to be Pixel specific so far.

• Russ@bitforged.spaceOP
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          6 months ago

That’s quite odd, it would be quite a shitty thing to lock it to Pixels. Sorry to hear that!