• Arashikage@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

I was grandfathered into their oldest pricing model back when Google Play Music was at its peak, and now they’re hiking my price too. I’ll be glad to see the subscription go and use revanced, but I need a better music streaming platform that’s 10 dollars or less

• atomic peach@pawb.social
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

Wait, we’re losing our grandfathered pricing?! Bummer. I guess I’ll give Tidal another shot. Their service was nice and I like that they pay the artist the most compared to the other popular platforms. I didn’t like their “radios”/auto playlists but maybe they’ve upgraded their algorithms since three years ago.

• closedmouthsdonteat@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I was a Google Play Music user too. I mainly used it to host my iTunes music library and music was a lot cheaper to buy vs iTunes and Amazon.

I ended up switching to Apple Music. Its not bad, but its not great either. I just needed another place to host my iTunes library

• JackFromWisconsin@midwest.social
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I got by for a long time using a YouTube playlist and Vanced. Might want to look into YouTube Revanced, it’s a patch for the YT app that deletes ads and adds some extra features.