My feed is filled with dumb “advices”, so called “professionals” that post the most entry level stuff and all sorts of shit that if I were a recruiter I would stay away from these people

• Arotrios@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

The more dumbed down the advice, the easier it is to encourage your audience to engage. Some of those who agree with them connect, and the sum of your connections on Linked In is absolutely something recruiters look at and weigh when looking at candidates. Keeping it basic and bland ensures the widest audience and potential connection pool with a minimal risk of negative feedback.

Not that I’m justifying stupid content. There’s a reason I don’t spend any more time than I have to on LinkedIn.

• nitefox@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

Idk, there should be a limit. Today I saw some random guy posting as a “””pro””” tip “ehi do you know JavaScript has a ternary operator?” And everyone went with “oh great advice so good” saying how their lives changed thanks to that

• DisqueDePise@jlai.lu
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I once worked in a company where I was forbidden to use ternary operators because the CTO did not understand how to read them… So maybe to some people it’s really life changing.

• nitefox@lemmy.worldOP
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

I can see why they would not want to have nested ternary, but finding hard to read a simple ternary? Wtf