My feed is filled with dumb “advices”, so called “professionals” that post the most entry level stuff and all sorts of shit that if I were a recruiter I would stay away from these people

• Beardliest@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I think that depends on what profession you’re in. I get contacted on the regular by recruiters on that platform for jobs. It’s where I have found my last 2 positions in 7 years.

• dismalnow@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

Likewise. It has generated several offers for me, but the vast majority of head hunters are playing spray-n-pray with keywords. For every good lead I get, I have to tell 400 people to fuck off.

Oh… you’re a SOX analyst? Want to work in a sock factory? Want to do the laundry for a minor league baseball team? Want to be in a fetish video?

• pimeys@lemmy.nauk.io
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Depends. I got my recent job from a headhunter: a Rust programming gig in a fully remote startup with good benefits and a great salary. When the offers are not great, I tell them. This was through LinkedIn.

• dismalnow@kbin.social
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

Yep. I live in one of the “post salary or GTFO” states, and lead with that. Anyone who can’t respond with a straight answer isn’t worth dealing with and is told why.

I go through them every couple of days and have a text file with canned responses.

• Thanks for reaching out. Before we proceed further, will you please provide a full job description, salary range, name of your client, and length of the contract?
            • Sorry - (DETAIL) falls outside/below my current expectations. Have a good day, and good luck!
      • Beardliest@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Definitely. I said this in another reply as well, but I don’t respond unless they say something very specific about my background. I know AI can do that but that seems the best way to go for now.

• Rhynoplaz@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I usually just got offers from people who wouldn’t tell me what the job was or how much it paid until I agreed to an hour long sales pitch, I mean, interview.

• Beardliest@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

For sure there are still those. I usually get one decent one for about 20 ransoms that don’t say a word. I usually don’t respond unless they say something specific about my background.

• Beardliest@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Product development. Anything associated with building software products get a lot of traction on LinkedIn