So, finally decided to pick the game up recently, and really enjoying it. But, I do have to admit, I’m a little rusty with shooters in general, and the scout role is pretty chaotic sometimes.

Anyone have advice/tips/reliable guides they prefer for the scout class specifically?

What kinds of things do scouts do, especially newbie ones, that kinda bug you? What are the things a really good scout does that marks them as a really good scout?

So far, I find myself focusing kinda heavily on combat just because it’s an obvious thing I can do, and zipping behind a bug to blast it in the ass with a shotgun is really fun. I assume that’s not really my #1 job though. I keep our cave lit up pretty reliably, but should I be doing more … actual scouting I assume?

• Archmage Azor@lemmy.world
    cake
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

No, but scouts seem to have a desire to zip off to the nearest area code and get killed by a leech, and rendered useless until another in the party makes the journey to them

• Candelestine@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

So far my newbieness has protected me from this. lol

I find when I get separated, which does happen often, it’s because I’m zipping ledge to ledge mining stuff, and the rest of the team dug their own exit tunnel and left me behind.

I’m always behind the team trying to catch up, I am never able to get ahead of them.