• Poggervania@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

Touche - and I honestly was thinking you meant just cramming content onto the Fediverse, like I have seen a good whack of people suggest on here. I thought my paraphrasing was clarifying the statement, when I reality I was getting it mixed up, so my apologies on that.

I guess the way you put “focus on content” and explained it is, to me at least, the way I would see cultivating a community; I assume that the content natural to that community would come about regardless of it being taken off Reddit and slapped on here, if that makes sense.

It just irks me that it seems like a good chunk of people want the Fediverse to become Reddit 2.0 versus its own little thing, like with r/196 being transplanted to here being and the dumb Reddit-tier poop inside joke being examples.

• Kill_joy@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

I completely agree, friendo.

This should not become reddit 2.0. let them keep their platform for poop jokes. I’m 100% content with the users we have and have had a wonderful time engaging with them. We don’t need to advertise on r/place is the point I tried to make. We don’t need the people who are still using reddit and think it’s funny writing FUCK on r/place.

Sorry if I didn’t get that across originally.