Have you been spending hours trying to pass a level? Or maybe you are completely addicted to a newly bought game. Do you have a question about a game or would like to share something else? In the Weekly Discussion Thread, you can do it all!

Please don’t forget to use the spoiler tag as soon as you start talking about a storyline.

• hulemy@ani.social
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    6 months ago

Still playing BG3! It’s really fun but the combat can be quite challenging, even when playing on the easiest mode with a modded party of 6 and infinite money. There are just so many things I have to keep in mind… Or perhaps my build just sucks lol

• CosmoNova@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

Ah this reminds me of my Divinity OS2 experience. It was so tough but sooo rewarding. What I recommend is to look up some basic build guides. Trust me you’ll have have plenty opportunity to make creative decisions regardless. No need to make it unnecessarily frustrating for oneself. You’ll get the hang of combat eventually and still not see half of all the possible ways to deal with enemies.

I really had to look up some D&D lore for BG3 though. Had no idea what was going on during the first act so I‘m ending up spending even more time reading lore and watching videos about it despite growing up reading Drizzt Do’Urden stories and playing BG1. It‘s a very complex universe and challenging to follow as a non-D&D player I have to say.

• sheogorath@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

If you don’t have much experience playing CRPGs I think it can be quite difficult. But once you get the hang of building classes, even honor mode will definitely be doable.