• MSgtRedFox@infosec.pub
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    6 months ago

Agreed. I hate ads passionately. Ive been able to eliminate every source of ads from inside my house except websites, but I immediately back any site that won’t do simple or reading view.

Every moment of my attention taken by some stupid billboard or hearing tvs at a gas station I had to stop at is a moment I could have been thinking about something better. Or nothing, which sometimes would be nice.

• agitatedpotato@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      6 months ago

Same. I go out of my way to learn how to get around ads. I often wonder, especially now with autism and sensory issues being more highlighted, when will start realizing ads in this overwhelming capacity are absolutely a health issue. Sensory issue are real, and an ad shouldn’t have to give people seizures before it’s considered unhealthy.

• MSgtRedFox@infosec.pub
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

Ha, yeah I wish a more concrete link could be made between the stance society has taken with smoking and apply it to visual/auditory pollution.

People are allowed to smoke as long as it’s not being forced upon other people (based on they both have equal rights). What about a right not to be bombarded with garbage every minute while you’re in public? I can’t see this going my way…